- This event has passed.
Pearl Street Block Party
A festival of arts and community
Organized by Asian Arts Initiative
Presented by PNC Arts Alive
Join us for the first ever Pearl Street Block Party, a celebration of the rich cultural diversity and artistic community in our neighborhood and throughout the City! The 1200 block of Pearl Street will come alive with a range of activities:
- 2 to 4 p.m. Construct tables and chairs with landscape architect Walter Hood, who is partnering with us to imagine how Pearl Street can be transformed into a space filled with art and life
- 2 to 5 p.m. Engage with live performance and interactive artwork and displays hosted by artists and community groups including Jose Sebourne, Marginal Utility, Practice, and Vox Populi galleries, Fleisher Art Memorial’s ColorWheels van, the City of Philadelphia Mural Arts Program, and Asian Arts Initiative’s Social Practice Lab artists-in-residence
- 5 p.m. Partake in a community feast (utilizing the tables and chairs to be assembled that day) organized by PhillyStake founder Theresa Rose
The Pearl Street Block Party is organized by Asian Arts Initiative in partnership with the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society, City of Philadelphia Mural Arts Program, and the Philadelphia Chinatown Development Corporation, with the support of the Callowhill Neighborhood Association. Visit www.asianartsinitiative.org or call (215) 557-0455 for more information on block party programming!
KICK OFF THE PARTY WITH A SPECIAL DIM SUM BRUNCH!
Join us for a celebratory brunch to kick off the Pearl Street Block Party at 1pm at Asian Arts Initiative. Your ticket will include:
- Dim sum and mimosas
- Exclusive conversation with Philadelphia artist Isaac Lin, whose bold work is on view in our gallery
- Meet-and-greet with artists-in-residence from our Social Practice Lab
- A reserved seat at the Community Feast in the evening with landscape architect Walter Hood
- Early access to new Asian Arts Initiative t-shirts and tote bags
Buy your tickets here!
Saturday, September 28
1pm Dim Sum Brunch (buy your tickets here)
2-5pm Pearl Street Block Party (free and open to the public)
5pm Community Feast