Seniors in Chinatown are facing a growing mental health crisis in prolonged isolation. We invite you to sign up to become a "Picture Pal," exchanging drawings and pictures with a Chinatown Elder, to share the joy of sending and receiving mail. For the cost of a drawing + stamp + envelope, you can help someone through this time!
Sign up to be a Picture Pal using our Google Form. You will be paired with a Chinatown Elder, and receive a name and mailing addresses to begin exchanging drawings.
- Participants are requested to provide their own stamps and envelopes.
- The partners will not sell or distribute your address.
- The partners will not send any other solicitations.
- The partners are not liable for any mail sent or received.
- The program on individual volunteers, and cannot guarantee that one will receive mail.
- The program is being designed to accommodate different language abilities, and participants should expect to encounter language barriers.
Questions? E-mail Dave Kyu, Director of Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This project is being coordinated by On Lok House Senior Center and Asian Arts Initiative.