Figments of Imagination - Sayon Syprasoeuth
Figments of Imagination No. 1 & 2, 2018
Acrylic, yarn, wood
36" x 36" x 36"
A hanging acrylic mobile consisting of traditional Cambodian classical images.
Create your own mobile!
You will need:
- 12-inch wooden dowels (2)
- Hold punch
- Markers, crayons, color pencils
- Download and print these printables on card stock
- Decorate the figures on the printables.
- Cut the figures out.
- Glue the wooden dowels together in a cross shape (or follow this tutorial to tie the dowels together using a lashing knot)
- Cut a length of string and tie it to the center of the cross. This will be used to hang the mobile from the ceiling.
- Punch a small hole at the top of the card stock figures.
- Cut a length of string and thread it through the hole at the top of the figure. Repeat for all the figures with varying lengths of string.
- Take the unsecured end of the strings and tie them to the wooden dowels.
- Hang your mobile up, your done!