Reports To: Director of Operations
Who We Are Looking For
A highly organized and detailed individual who will provide daily financial and accounting responsibilities for Asian Arts Initiative.
Position Description Overview
The Bookkeeper is responsible for supporting the Finance/Accounting Department. This position is part-time, about 20 to 30 hours per week (with additional hours when necessary), with the option for in-office/remote hybrid work. The Bookkeeper reports to the Director of Operations and works with the Controller and other staff members.
- Accounts Payable and Cash Disbursements
- Process invoices (vendor bills, credit card, expense reimbursements, etc.) for payment
- Enter transactions in Bill.com to sync with QuickBooks Online
- Ensure proper approvals on check requests and invoices
- Verify account codes/class
- Prepare checks for signatures
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements and petty cash
- Obtain form W-9 from new vendors
- Maintain vendor information and paid invoice files
- Accounts Receivable and Cash Receipts
- Enter deposits (cash, check and electronic receipts) in QuickBooks Online
- Verify account codes/class
- Apply checks to receivables, if applicable
- Payroll Processing
- Track time and PTO
- Prepare requisition form for Executive Director to approve and complete payroll processing
- Process bi-monthly payroll thru payroll portal
- Prepare Expense Allocations - maintain allocation spreadsheets (Excel)
- Enter payroll transaction in QuickBooks Online
- Assist Controller with end of month closing, year end task (i.e. 1099 processing)
- Assist Development with QuickBooks reports for grant reporting
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 2+ years of work experience in bookkeeping/accounting required.
- Proficient in QuickBooks Online and Excel.
- Ability to multi-task and communicate priorities effectively when managing simultaneous requests.
- Commitment to organizational values of social justice and equity.
- Personal qualities of maturity, integrity, humility, strong work ethic, and a roll-up-my-sleeves attitude.
- Positive attitude and willing participation in a small team dynamic.
- A high degree of personal organization and self-management.
Hours and Compensation
This is a part-time, permanent, non-exempt, hourly position at approximately 20-30 hours/week. Guaranteed minimum of 20 hours/week. Evening and weekend hours may be required. The hourly rate is $20.
The position is eligible for AAI’s medical and dental group plan, a commuter pass benefit and a generous paid time off package [on a prorated basis].
How to Apply
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Applications including a cover letter and resume should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Your Name - Bookkeeper.
AAI’s services and employment are provided in a nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, ability and age. Asian Americans are encouraged to apply.
Asian Arts Initiative is a multi-disciplinary and community-based arts center in Philadelphia that advances racial equity and understanding, activating artists, youth, and their communities through creative practice and dialogue grounded in the diverse Asian American experience. Through exhibitions, performances, and community projects, we provide an inclusive gathering place for conversation and exchange of ideas. Our community-based arts initiatives seek out and cultivate innovative models for artists to engage with local communities, with a particular emphasis on working in partnership with our immediate neighborhood. Our primary programs include: 1) Artist residencies, commissions, and presenting of performances and exhibitions for artists to develop professionally and to create socially relevant artwork reflecting community experiences; 2) Year-round out-of-school-time programming for middle school youth, offering creative development and a safe place; 3) Participatory curatorial practices and various community development initiatives in our immediate neighborhood of Chinatown North/Callowhill.