Hiring-Marketing and Communications Manager
Marketing and Communications Manager
Reports To: Deputy Director
Supervises: Marketing Assistant
Who We Are Looking For
A key team member ready to level up AAI’s marketing and communications from strategy to execution.
Position Description Overview
Asian Arts Initiative is run by a team of creative and talented staff committed to creating community through the power of art. As the Marketing and Communications Manager you are committed to our mission, passionate about telling our story, and ready to implement a marketing strategy to increase awareness of our work to key audiences. Working closely with the Executive Director and Deputy Director for Advancement, you will lead the implementation of marketing and communication strategies across varying audiences to build brand awareness, tell our story, and increase audience and donor engagement.
This position is a key member of our Development team and will work collaboratively across the organization, engaging with leadership, programmatic, and fundraising staff, board members, artists, partners, and youth. You will lead on the project management and implementation of several communications efforts that advance programmatic and fundraising goals.
As a mission driven, culturally specific, community arts organization, this position will devise strategies and tactics that amplify the voices of BIPOC communities through marketing practices that honor the experiences and voices of people of color and other historically marginalized communities.
This position requires an intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of market data analytics and marketing strategy, both in terms of creative approach and campaign implementation across channels and mediums. Strong communication skills (written and verbal), an ability to take on and manage multiple projects on tight deadlines, and an understanding of client relationships are a must.
Manage the process of moving projects from concept to execution and evaluation: manage relationships with internal team members, integrating needs and outcomes within marketing strategies for audiences and stakeholders..
Execute on a deep understanding of how content, user experience, and user design work in concert to achieve tangible campaign-based and organizational goals.
- Manage the process of moving digital and print projects from concept to execution and evaluation
- Maintain the organizational editorial calendar and assign tasks across the organization
- Implement quantitative and qualitative metrics and analyze results to evaluate the effectiveness of communications strategies and ensure quality standards.
- Work with senior leadership to develop content and marketing strategies that move the organization’s strategic goals forward
- Work to implement content and marketing strategies across platforms including: digital newsletters, website(s), social media, streaming, ...
- Build, foster, and maintain an audience’s participation in our digital programs
- Ensure visual and editorial integrity of our brand in all public facing communications.
- Maintain updated style guides.
- Oversee design of branded products.
Events and Programs
- Collaborate on the execution of the communications strategy for large programmatic and fundraising events and objectives, in coordination with the Development and Programs team.
- Support Programs team in promotion and publicity of events, including digital and community outreach
- Develop and support marketing strategies that respond to the needs and styles of varying audiences and communities
- Manage and track relevant budgets.
- Participate in fundraising and reporting where relevant.
- Positive attitude and willing participation in a small team dynamic.
- Willingness to work outside of main responsibilities and serve as an organizational ambassador as advised by supervisor.
- Experience with email, online fundraising, and advocacy toolsets/platforms/CRMs
- Understanding of best and emerging digital practices
- Understanding of social media platforms and digital media
- Ability to excel in a collaborative team environment (and currently, remote)
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented
- Ability to take on multiple projects with key deadlines
- Commitment to organizational values of social justice and equity.
Hours and Compensation
This is a full time, permanent, exempt, salary position at approximately 40 hours/week. Evening and weekend hours may be required. The salary is $50,000 annually.
Description of benefits added based on category of employment. The position is eligible for AAI’s medical and dental group plan, a commuter pass benefit and a generous paid time off package [on a prorated basis].
Apply at: jobs @ asianartsinitiative.org
Asian Arts Initiative is a multi-disciplinary and community-based arts center in Philadelphia that advances racial equity and understanding, activating artists, youth, and their communities through creative practice and dialogue grounded in the diverse Asian American experience. Through exhibitions, performances, and community projects, we provide an inclusive gathering place for conversation and exchange of ideas. Our community-based arts initiatives seek out and cultivate innovative models for artists to engage with local communities, with a particular emphasis on working in partnership with our immediate neighborhood. Our primary programs include: 1) Artist residencies, commissions, and presenting of performances and exhibitions for artists to develop professionally and to create socially relevant artwork reflecting community experiences; 2) Year-round out-of-school-time programming for middle school youth, offering creative development and a safe place; 3) Participatory curatorial practices and various community development initiatives in our immediate neighborhood of Chinatown North/Callowhill.