Are there any discounts available?
- There is discounted pricing available for nonprofit organizations and artists, please download our rental rate guide for more information.
How are rental fees calculated?
- Occupancy Fees: Each space is rented at an hourly rate based on total occupancy times, including load-in, setup, breakdown, and load-out. Bulk discounted rates are available when rented by the day and by the week (subject to availability).
- Amenities Fees: Any additional add-ons for lighting and sound packages, a/v, staging and other non-standard amenities are available for additional fees and are listed on the amenities menus on each individual space page.
- Staffing Fees: Hourly fees apply for any mandatory or added-on attendants, techs, and other support personnel. Rates are available in the Rate Guide.
I’m interested in partnering with AAI on an event, who can I speak with regarding programming requests?
- Our programming department handles partnership events, please send your exhibition proposals, work samples, and any other programming proposals using this form. While submissions do not guarantee programming, Asian Arts Initiative curators will review all inquiries on a rolling basis and respond to the best of their abilities.
May I sell alcohol during my event?
- Alcohol can be supplied to age-appropriate guests, but it CANNOT be sold onsite without proof of all legal permits and/or licensing.
What kind of amenities do you provide?
- Tables and chairs are available (at no cost) in storage areas within each space, however they must be returned to the storage area at the end of the rental. Add-ons including lighting and sound equipment may be added for a fee, please see the amenities menus on each individual space page for more details.
May I use any caterer?
- You’re welcome to use any catering company of your choice however our recommended caterers are Chef's Table Catering and The Hart of Catering.
Do you provide setup for events?
- We do not provide setup for rentals, our space rentals are designed to be D-I-Y.
Can you tell me more about staffing requirements?
- Public event rentals taking place outside of office hours (weekends or after 5pm on weekdays) require a building attendant, with a staffing minimum of 2 hours. Additionally, we can provide a technical assistant to assist with sound and lighting equipment if requested in advance. Please download our rental rate guide for our staffing rates.
Is insurance required to rent at AAI?
- A certificate of insurance is required for public events based on the type of event and number of people attending.
How do deposits work?
- AAI implements incidental deposits at the time of contract signing. These range from $100-200 depending on the rental space and activities.
- The deposit, along with your contract, confirms your rental for the dates outlined.
- The deposit is held to offset any supplemental fees incurred beyond the scope of the contract, last-minute add-ons, and occupancy/staffing overages.
- The deposit CANNOT be applied to the final invoice.
- Once the event has concluded, the deposit is returned, less any incurred fees.
What are your payment terms?
- You will receive one invoice for your incidental deposit, which is due upon contract signing.
- You will receive a second invoice for all of your occupancy, amenity, and staffing fees. This is due no later than one business day prior to your rental.
- Accepted payment methods:
- Cash (in-person only)
- Check (in-person or mailed)
- Credit Card & ACH (online via Stripe)
Are accessibility accommodations available at AAI?
- Asian Arts Initiative is designed as a mobility accessible facility, with access to all public floors and spaces, and seating accommodations for programmed events. Both non-gendered and individually isolating restrooms are available on each floor, all equipped with changing stations. If contacted in advance, we will make every attempt to fulfill requests for reasonable accommodations such as access to assistive technology devices and materials in alternative formats. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can you promote my event?
- Space rentals are separate from our public programming initiatives, therefore they are not promoted on our website or social media pages.
Is parking available?
- Nearby public parking lots are located along Vine Street as well as on Callowhill between 12th and 13th Streets. Street parking is available throughout the neighborhood. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Do you have any COVID restrictions?
- While AAI may institute various requirements for AAI-produced events and activities, we currently impose no explicit conditions on renters. We leave this to your autonomy to establish any protocols or restrictions you deem prudent for the safety of you and your guests.